An interesting drop in replacement for LV relays

So, a viewer actually dropped this on a video comments section and I think it’s a real game-changer for those looking to update their systems without bothering with the smart house piece–or just looking for a dumb relay for a specific use case.

The relay linked below is absolutely perfect. You can use your existing transformers and switches, and it should just be a matter of understanding which wire is the common switch wire, which is for on, which is for off, and then running the AC through the appropriate wires.

I’m planning to obtain one of these as soon as I can, but I’m 99% certain this relay will be just fine. It’s UL and RoHS listed, which makes it fine for putting in your system, and It should do its job for many, many years as it’s a commercial part.

I’m also trying to reach the manufacturer and see if there’s any way I could offer discounts on these relays–and other neat toys they have–for my viewers, but don’t hold your breath because they’re likely not interested in a smaller operation such as mine. I will try all the same and let you know how that turns out.

Here’s the link: